No matter how consistent you are with eating clean and healthy, sooner or later you will find yourself craving a sweet treat, particularly after lunch or dinner. While satisfying such cravings may be high risk in terms of keeping nutrition on track, a little creativity will mitigate this risk, allowing you to enjoy your treat without damaging your hard-earned shape.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Apple Protein Cake…
Through this recipe we wanted to create a well-balanced treat which can either be enjoyed as a snack between meals or as a healthy taste-changer after a meal. Quality proteins, carbs and fats in a cake to satisfy your appetite without inflicting the much-loathed damage on your waist.
The following ingredients were used to make around 12 slices of Mirror Friendly protein cake:
– 1 large apple
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 scoop protein powder
– 90g oats
– 70g spelt flour
– 1 tablespoon honey or agave
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly Apple Protein Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the baking sheet with coconut oil, olive oil or butter.
- Grate the apple.
- Beat the eggs and mix them with honey and grated apple.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together dry ingredients with wet ingredients in baking tray. If the batter is too thick, add some water or coconut milk.
- Place the cake in oven and cook for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Let it cool down and enjoy a slice or two.
The approximate nutritional values per slice of apple protein cake based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 88 kcal
of which fibre: 4g
of which sugar: 4g (Note: naturally occurring sugars from dates)
Fats: 3g (Note: no trans fats in here)
Note: If you want your cake to be more protein-rich, add another half scoop of protein.
To fitness with love,