December. The morning of the 24th and the marker on the baking activity scale has just reached its highest peak. Granted, there’s no escaping the traditional slice of Christmas log, a piece of Christmas pudding and whatever Christmas lunch will bring to your plate. But how about giving a good example and surprising your indulgent family with a Christmas treat that has healthy written all over?
Enter the Mirror Friendly Christmas Brioche…
This brioche comes with a perfect balance of clean proteins/carbs/fats without the added tonnes of sugar you’ll have to typically ingest in joining the fun at Christmas lunch. And if it doesn’t satisfy the sweet tooth of those joining you, well and good, you can continue treating yourself the healthy way post Christmas day!
The following ingredients were used to make 14 regular sizes of Christmas brioche:
– 300g spelt flour
– 15g coconut sugar
– 2 whole eggs
– 1 egg white
– 150ml coconut milk
– 60g protein powder
– 30g almond butter
– 50ml olive oil
– Himalayan sea salt
– Yeast (you can use dry yeast)
Step by step instructions in preparing the Christmas brioche:
1. Mix yeast with coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of spelt flour and 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar and let it rise for 15 mins.
2. Prepare dry ingredients – spelt flour, coconut sugar, protein powder and himalayan sea salt.
3. Mix activated yeast and dry ingredients together with eggs, olive oil and almond butter.
4. Knead the dough until all the ingredients are well combined. Let it rise for about 2 hours.
5. Split dough into 4 pieces, making thick rolls and tangling them.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
7. Brush the cake with egg white and let it rest for about 15 mins.
8. Bake the cake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
The nutritional values for 1 slice of Mirror Friendly Christmas Brioche based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 150 kcal
of which fibre: 3g
of which sugar: 0.5g
Fats: 6g (Note: no trans fats in here)
Wishing you and your families a happy & healthy Christmas 🎅🎄
To fitness with love,