It is a known fact that oat porridge is the staple breakfast for many competitive athletes and fitness aficionados alike. However, being human we’re all appreciative of a little change every now and again. True, the saying goes that you shouldn’t fix what isn’t broken but in saying so today’s recipe will serve your breakfast needs just as fine, both in terms of nutritional content and also taste.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Millet Porridge…
Ever wondered about a valid alternative to oats with a similar texture for your morning replenishment? A healthy carb which is as versatile and does not necessarily involve bread? Millet is the answer.
Together with protein and healthy fats, this porridge will satisfy your morning hunger with a smile and keep your appetite in check for the rest of the day.
The following ingredients were used to make 1 portion of millet porridge:
– 30g uncooked millet (or otherwise 100g cooked millet and skip the first step below)
– 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
– 20g vegan/whey protein
– 80g raspberries
– 10g coconut butter
Step by step instructions in preparing the millet porridge:
1) Cook millet in boiling water for about 7-10 minutes.
2) Add almond milk and cook until soft. You can add stevia for taste.
3) Add protein powder and stir well.
4) Add raspberries (or any other berries). I recommend using frozen berries as these cool down your porridge. You can stir the berries in or just lay them on top.
4) Serve drizzled with coconut butter or any nut butter to your liking.
The nutritional values for 1 portion of millet porridge based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 335 kcal
of which fibre: 9g
of which sugar: 6g
Fats: 11g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,