Even though summer is still a few weeks away, the unmistakable barbecue smell has already been lingering in the air. As pleasant as a summer barbecue can be, it can also easily turn into a dangerous food feast which can cost a few kilos right where you don’t want them.
In order to help you avoid this pitfall, we have come up with a side dish or a well-balanced healthy meal which can be enjoyed by itself.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Pasta Salad…
The following ingredients were used to make 1 serving of Mirror Friendly Pasta Salad:
– 50g (uncooked) spelt/whole grain pasta
– 1 small tin of tuna in brine (80g)
– 70g yogurt (soya or greek 2% fat)
– ½ bell pepper
– ½ small zucchini
– 10 olives
– 5 cherry tomatoes
– garlic salt
Step by step instructions in preparing the pasta salad:
1) Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Let it cool down completely
2) Chop all your vegetables into small pieces and grate zucchini on a grater.
3) Mix yogurt with garlic salt to make a dressing.
4) Mix tuna, pasta and vegetables together. Drizzle your dressing on top.
Note: As mentioned in our introduction, this salad could easily be used as a side dish by simply removing tuna from the ingredients That way at your next barbecue you can surprise your friends by bringing something healthy to the table rather than the typical pasta salad made of white pasta and heavy mayo-based dressing.
The nutritional values per serving of Mirror Friendly Pasta Salad based on the above ingredients are as follows:
Calories: 328 kcal
of which fibre: 5.5g
of which sugar: 3.7g
Fats: 4g (Note: no trans fats in here)
As in all our recipes, you can naturally flex the ingredients to match the calories and macronutrient split you need in your diet.
To fitness with love,