In Europe it’s peak summer with temperatures regularly hitting the 30 degrees celsius. Our craving for something cold, refreshing and tasty comes as second nature particularly after spending time in the sun. However, we all know that this combination usually comes with heaps of sugar or bad fats and little protein if any at all.
At Mirror Friendly we get a kick out of thinking outside the box in coming up with valid alternatives to the mainstream… and today we did it again.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Protein Popsicles…
These popsicles bring together some of the tastiest ingredients the healthy menu can offer for a snack which is refreshing but also equally friendly with your fitness goals.
The following ingredients were used to make 6 protein popsicles:
– 1 banana
– 100ml coconut cream
– 1 scoop whey protein powder (any flavour)
– 2 squares dark chocolate
– 100g bluberries
Step by step instructions in preparing the protein popsicles:
1) Melt chocolate squares and mix them with coconut cream
2) Mix protein powder with water (amount of water depends on the size of your popsicle moulds)
3) Combine both mixtures with banana in a blender and blend until smooth
4) Add blueberries (or any other berries) at the bottom of the mould and pour the mixture on top. Note: Tap the mould to remove air bubbles from the popsicle.
5) Freeze the mould for 4 hours or over night. Note: Once done you can top it up with some coconut butter and melted dark chocolate.
The nutritional values for 1 Mirror Friendly protein popsicle based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 86 kcal
of which fibre: 1.2g
of which sugar: 5g
Fats: 4g (Note: no trans fats in here)
Note: This excludes the topping calories.
To fitness with love,