How many times have you been standing at a café, waiting for your cup of Joe while being tempted by delicious-looking treats neatly laid out at the counter? While some would typically look more healthy than others, more often than not their macronutrient ratio tends to highly tilt towards fats and carbs with very little protein content.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Protein Pumpkin Seed Chocolate…
In today’s recipe we bring you a healthy treat which through the combination of a mere 4 ingredients satisfies taste, calorie control and macronutrient balance.
The following ingredients were used to make around 15 squares of Mirror Friendly Protein Pumpkin Seed Chocolate:
– 100g dark chocolate (Note: We used 100% dark chocolate)
– 100g pumpkin seeds
– 120g dates
– 15g protein powder (Note: We used vanilla protein powder)
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly protein pumpkin seed chocolate:
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for an hour or overnight to sprout. This is done in order to activate the seeds and make them easier to digest. This means that your body can absorb more of the vitamins and minerals contained in them.
- Rinse and drain the seeds then blend together with the dates and protein powder until combined.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Tip in the pumpkin seed, date and protein powder mixture on grease-proof paper in a pan and level out using your fingers.
- Pour on the chocolate then tilt to spread to the edges.
- Refrigerate to chill and then slice into squares (we managed to slice out 15 even squares).
- Enjoy a square or two as a snack or as a healthy treat with tea or coffee!
Note: Make sure you store the rest in the fridge!
The approximate nutritional values per square of protein pumpkin chocolate based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 98 kcal
of which fibre: 1g
of which sugar: 5g (Note: naturally occurring sugars from dates)
Fats: 6g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,