One of our fondest memories from our Melbourne experience was the myriad of healthy cafes one could go to for a treat sans guilt. During the 8 months we spent living in the world’s most liveable city our culinary imagination was inspired in so many ways. In fact, today’s recipe has its roots in Australia and we are excited to share our first successful shot at it with you.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Sweet Potato Frittata
This frittata (or quiche, whichever way you prefer calling it) has to be one of our top recipes to date as it incorporates some of our favourite ingredients which mixed together tickle the most demanding of tastebuds.
The following ingredients were used to make a frittata for two:
– 200g sweet potato
– 3 eggs
– 200g mixed vegetables – zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers
– extra virgin olive oil
– 40g sheep cheese
Step by step instructions in preparing the sweet potato frittata:
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2) Slice sweet potato using vegetable peeler into thin slices.
3) Grease baking dish with olive oil. Cover baking dish with sweet potato and bake for about 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime roast vegetables or otherwise choose to leave raw.
5) Beat eggs and add salt, pepper and any seasoning you like. Add vegetables and beaten eggs to sweet potato slice.
6) Sprinkle with sheep cheese.
7) Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes depending on depth of baking dish.
8) Allow it to cool down until desired temperature, et voila!
The nutritional values for 1 portion of Mirror Friendly sweet potato frittata are:
Calories: 278 kcal
of which sugar: 5g
of which fibre: 5g
Fats: 14g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,