Pancakes come in many different shapes, sizes and flavors. They can be sweet, savory, thick, thin, small or large, but they are generally all delicious (unless they’re burnt)! While there are many types of pancakes, here at Mirror Friendly we like to keep our pancakes practical and clean, in other words ideal for someone who is looking to stay in shape by fueling his or her day through sustainable healthy nutrition.
Enter the Mirror Friendly apple pancakes…
The ingredients used to make today’s apple pancakes have been carefully picked so as to create a healthy and well-balanced snack (in terms of its macronutrients) to be ideally enjoyed in between one’s main meals.
The following ingredients were used to make 1 portion of up to 3 pancakes:
- 160g apple
- 1 egg
- a splash of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 15g protein powder
- 30g spelt or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- cinnamon (optional)
- stevia (optional)
Step by step instructions in preparing the apple pancakes:
- Grate the apple
- Mix the wet ingredients together: apple, egg and a splash of coconut milk
- Add in dry ingredients: protein powder, spelt or oat flour and baking powder. You can also toss in cinnamon and stevia to sweeten taste to your liking.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat over which you can bake your pancakes until they are golden brown.
- Top them up with your favorite ingredients such as nut butter, seeds or fruits. (Note: When you do this you will need to add the corresponding calories of your toppings to the calories in the pancakes listed below).
The nutritional values for 1 portion of 3 pancakes based on the above ingredients are as follows:
of which fibre: 8g
of which sugar: 16g (naturally occuring)
To fitness with love,