Even though autumn has already been with us a few weeks, the weather in Ontario, Canada, is still warm enough to throw a bbq. In fact last weekend my sister invited me for one and I thought about taking a healthy dessert from everyone to enjoy.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Blueberry Cheesecake…
As you have seen from our previous recipe posts, it’s possible to have healthy desserts that taste good. This is definitely one of them.
The following ingredients were used to make 10 servings of blueberry cheesecake:
– 75g raw pecans
– 100g soft pitted dates
– 150g raw cashews (Note: soaked in water overnight)
– 250ml Greek plain yogurt
– 75ml coconut oil
– 50ml maple syrup (Note: I used less as I don’t like things too sweet)
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 100g blueberries (Note: frozen or fresh)
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly Blueberry Cheesecake:
1) In a food processor, blend the crust ingredients until the mixture sticks together when you press it together.
2) Line the bottom of a 6″ (15cm) round spring form cake pan with parchment paper, then press the crust dough into it. Try to make the crust as even as possible.
3) For the filling, drain the cashews then blend with coconut oil until smooth.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling and blend for a few minutes (about 5) until completely smooth.
5) Pour the filling over the crust and chill in the freezer.
6) Optional: top with fresh blueberries.
Note: if blueberries aren’t your thing (and I don’t know why they wouldn’t be!) then substitute them for another fruit.
The nutritional values per 1 Mirror Friendly Blueberry Cheesecake based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 276 kcal
of which fibre: 1.5g
of which sugar: 11.5g (Note: if you use less maple syrup this will decrease)
Fats: 20g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply