If you have a craving for some crackers but want to avoid the less than desirable ingredients found in many packaged goods today, then you have to try our chia cheese crackers. Not only are they delicious, but they contain good ingredients like almond flour, chia seeds and parmesan cheese and are super simple to make.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Chia Cheese Crackers…
The following ingredients were used to make 24 chia cheese crackers:
20g (2 tablespoons) chia seeds
90g (1 cup) almond meal/flour
30g (6 tablespoons) grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly chia cheese crackers:
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until a dough ball forms.
2. If the dough is too wet and doesn’t form into a ball, add more almond meal, one tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too dry add some water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
3. Wrap dough in waxed paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to a maximum of 3 days.
4. Remove the dough from the refrigerator 10 minutes before you are ready to roll it out.
5. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper, press into a flat disc, and roll it with a rolling pin until the dough is 1/4cm (1/8 inch) thick. Cut into desired shapes using a knife or cutter.
7. Use a spatula to transfer the crackers to the prepared baking sheets, allowing about 2.5cm (1 inch) between crackers.
8. Bake 12 to 15 minutes so that the bottoms are brown and the tops have a bit of colour too. The length of cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your dough and your oven speed. So check your oven frequently.
9. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking (or sooner if the crackers in the back look like they are brown already)
10. Allow to cool before storing away
Et voila! Bon appetit.
The nutritional values per 4 Mirror Friendly Chia Cheese Crackers based on the above ingredients are as follows:
Calories: 138 kcal
of which fibre: 3g
of which sugar: 0g
Fats: 10g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply