How often do we happen to find ourselves walking past a refrigerated display cabinet while gazing at the mandatory chocolate brownie assortment as we step into a cafe or restaurant. Typical.
As we all know, most of the times them good looking brownies are anything except what we, the fit humans, consider healthy.
You may rightly argue “but why did all the bad calories end up in the tastiest food?”
Or even “why didn’t they make their way to a lettuce instead of a brownie?”
Yeah, life can be tough! The good news though is that Mirror Friendly has yet again hacked the system.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Chocolate Brownie…
The Mirror Friendly chocolate brownie is not only low in sugar but also distinctive through its black bean content (don’t worry, they don’t even taste in case you don’t like beans). We believe black beans must be one of the most underestimated superfoods.
In fact, apart from being cheap to buy, these tiny legumes are packed with the increasingly popular fibre. In case you didn’t know, fibre lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps in treating diabetes due to its ability to improve blood sugar and insulin levels. Furthermore the fibre in black beans also helps reduce cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart disease.
The following ingredients were used to make 9 squares of Mirror Friendly chocolate brownie:
– 250g drained black beans (we used canned ones)
– 3 eggs
– 20g protein powder (optional; we used vanilla protein)
– 20g coconut oil
– 15g cacao powder
– cinnamon and stevia (optional and to your liking)
– 40g 75% dark chocolate
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly chocolate brownie:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the baking tray with coconut oil and sprinkle coconut flour or simply use aluminium foil.
2) Drain and rinse the black beans and chop dark chocolate.
3) Place black beans, eggs, protein powder, coconut oil, cacao powder and stevia in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
4) Spread the batter on the baking tray and sprinkle with chopped dark chocolate.
5) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Et voila 🙂 Easy huh?! Now go easy on those bites 😉
The nutritional values for 1 square of Mirror Friendly chocolate brownie are as follows:
Calories: 106 kcal
of which fibre: 2.5g
of which sugar: 1.2g
Fats: 6g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,