At long last, my cousin and I meet again. This time in my home country of Canada.
I know how much Andrew enjoys hummus, a healthy Middle Eastern spread made with chickpeas, so I decided to make it for him to enjoy it as an appetizer with vegetables.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Hummus…
While you can readily buy hummus at your grocer, it’s really easy to make. All you need are a few low cost ingredients and a high speed blender or food processor. I used my trusty Vitamix to make this Mirror Friendly hummus.
The following ingredients were used to make 2 portions of the Mirror Friendly Hummus:
– 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (reserve a ¼ cup of the liquid from the can in case you need it to make your spread smoother)
– ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– ¼ freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 to 2 cloves of garlic (all depends on how garlicky you like it)
– 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
Step by step instructions in preparing the hummus:
1) Add all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Note: If you prefer a smoother texture to your hummus, add in the reserved liquid from the canned chickpeas.
The nutritional values for 1 portion of Mirror Friendly Hummus are as follows:
Calories: 283 kcal
of which fibre: 9g
of which sugar: 1g
Fats: 19g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply