Whether we like to admit or not, deep within our soul we all enjoy the texture and bite of buns or anything which is bread related. However, if like us you are health conscious and track your macros on a regular basis, particularly processed carbs, you probably rarely take anything of the sort.
Through the below recipe we have sought to emulate the fun in a bun with a healthy twist – a lower carb alternative.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Low Carb Buns…
These buns are free from any white/wheat flour which is one of the main enemies attacking our waist lines. It is in fact made out of almond flour which is even low-carb in its nature. This makes our low carb buns ideal for anybody with health at heart.
The following ingredients were used to make around 8 low carb buns:
– 100g almond flour
– 1 egg
– 100g greek yogurt (Note: you can use soya yogurt for dairy-free version)
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Note: optional)
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly Low Carb Buns:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. Add yogurt and egg to the dry mixture and mix well.
4. Scoop out buns on a baking paper and size evenly according to your preference.
5. Bake the buns for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy these versatile low carb buns with any of your favourite healthy toppings. Bon appetit!
The nutritional values per 1 Mirror Friendly Low Carb Bun based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 91 kcal
of which fibre: 2g
of which sugar: 1g
Fats: 7g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply