When it comes to protein-rich sources, the most commonly consumed food is chicken, hands down. Chicken here, chicken there, chicken everywhere. Mind you, am not saying anything against what still remains one of our long-standing staple on our sustainable healthy food plan, but it is also human to occasionally look for that little something different.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Turkey Patties
While the price of chicken is usually more stable (and cheaper) than turkey all year round, turkey has a slight edge over chicken from a nutritional viewpoint. When comparing skinless turkey and chicken breasts, the ratio of protein to fat per 100g is better for turkey than chicken. Whereas in 100g, chicken contains 80% protein (31.7g) and 20% fat (3.5g), turkey contains 93% protein (30g) and only 7% fat (1g), which also makes turkey slightly lighter on calories.
In today’s recipe we have thus decided to promote turkey and make a few stars out of it, particularly for those who are chasing fat loss and consequently following a stricter calorie regime.
The following ingredients were used to make 2 portions of Mirror Friendly turkey patties:
– 250g minced turkey
– 2 medium zucchini
– 1 medium carrot
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly turkey patties:
1) Grate zucchini and mix with salt. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Place zucchini in a cheese cloth (or any other cloth you deem suitable) and strain excess water.
2) Repeat the same process with carrot.
2) Mix dry zucchini, carrot, eggs, minced turkey and all the seasoning together.
3) Preheat a pan and pour a tablespoon of coconut oil.
4) Form small patties in your desired shape and fry for around 2 minutes on each side.
5) Serve with your favourite side dish and bon appetit!
The nutritional values for 1 portion of Mirror Friendly Turkey Patties are:
Calories: 291 kcal
of which sugar: 2g
of which fibre: 5g
Fats: 15g (Note: no trans fats in here)
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply