It often happens that when Valentine’s Day comes around we are lost for ideas on what gifts to give along the customary pretty bunch of roses, especially if we are looking to score points on the originality scale. If this is your case this year, we might have just come to your rescue.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Valentine Hearts…
These very easy-to-make hearts are truly a matter of “having your cake and eating it”. Apart from being something different, they can be eaten sans guilt, will not break the bank and are definitely not too soppy. In our opinion these tiny gems will go a long way in putting a smile on your partner or your secret crush. And if this year you simply can’t be bothered, please note these hearts will also complement your gains.
Below we will list down the ingredients we used in making our hearts. However, this recipe allows room for creativity and with a little bit of imagination you can mix and match flavours by using different fruits (suggesting you purée them), cinnamon or keeping them plain with a touch of coconut. The options are endless.
The following ingredients were used to make the Mirror Friendly Valentine Hearts:
– 1 scoop whey protein powder
– 1 packet gelatin/jelly (sugar-free)
– 100ml coconut cream
– 40g dark chocolate (75% cocoa)
– 150g mixed berries
Note: You will obviously also need a heart mould
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly Valentine Hearts:
1) Mix gelatin and 100ml warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2) Mix protein powder with water.
3) Put coconut cream in a pot, pour protein and warm up.
4) When the mixture reaches approximately 80 degrees celsius, add gelatin – be careful not to allow the mixture to boil.
5) Add your desired flavours such as chocolate or mixed berries. You can also skip this step and allow the coconut flavour to be the sole star.
6) Place the mixture in the moulds and let it harden for at least 3 hours in the fridge (ideally you would leave the mould in the fridge overnight).
Note: If you mould is similar to ours, you can make up to around 20 hearts depending on how much water you pour in.
The nutritional values for 1 Mirror Friendly Valentine Heart are as follows:
Calories: 28 kcal
of which sugar: 1g
Fats: 2g (Note: no trans fats in here)
Tada! Wishing you a healthy and happy Valentine’s Day <3
To fitness with love,