How often do you get a craving for something fresh and sweet during these hot and sweaty summer days? We all do… and when it kicks in there’s a high risk we end up reaching out to something loaded with sugar, over and over again. Washboard abs? Wave adios. But not necessarily.
If your health and the way you look run high on your priority list then all it takes to be able to satisfy your craving without incurring severe damage is a little preparation.
Enter the Mirror Friendly Ice Cream Bites…
The following recipe will give you the treat you’re after using healthy ingredients. Additionally it can be easily tweaked in order to fit your daily macro requirements.
The following ingredients were used to make around 6 chocolate-covered ice cream bites:
– 1 frozen banana
– 40ml coconut milk or coconut cream
– 40g dark chocolate (Note: the higher the % of cacao in your dark chocolate, the healthier the treat)
– 5g coconut oil/coconut butter/cacao butter (optional)
Note: The above ingredients should give you around 6 chocolate-covered ice cream bites. In the below photos more bananas and coconut milk were used to prepare a larger number of ice cream bites.
Step by step instructions in preparing the Mirror Friendly Ice Cream Bites:
1) Blend frozen banana and coconut milk or cream until you obtain an ice-cream-like consistency
2) Pour the mixture in a dish and freeze it. Once frozen cut into cubes.
3) Mix the dark chocolate with oil/butter and melt on a low flame.
4) Dip the frozen cubes into the molten dark chocolate until you obtain a consistent chocolate covering.
At this point the magic happens – while the chocolate freezes, the frozen mixture starts melting resulting in a crunchy texture on the outside with a softer feel once you bite through the inside. Bon appetit!
The nutritional values per 1 Mirror Friendly Ice Cream Bite based on the above ingredients are:
Calories: 60 kcal
of which fibre: 1g
of which sugar: 3g
Fats: 4g (Note: no trans fats in here)
Note: You can add a scoop of protein powder to the banana/coconut milk mixture for a more protein-rich bite.
To fitness with love,
Leave a Reply